Thursday, March 8, 2012

date night dinner

Hello people!!!!

Last night I cooked an AWESOME meal for Julie and I. We had scallops, ahi tuna, shrimp, spaghetti squash, and this salsa style stuff that I created myself. I wanted to share the recipe with you guys. Julie kept going on about it. It was actually her favorite part of the meal.

It goes something like this. And I don't measure hardly ever so I'm going to try my best to give you the measurements.

Zucchini (about 3/4 of it) diced
tomatoes (3 small to medium ones) diced
spinach about 2 handfuls diced
carrots ( about a handful ) these were ones that I shredded already so just thinly sliced and chopped
garlic one clove, diced
onion (just a little bit) diced
little bitty bit of bell peppers just for a little kick I used red... diced!
juice of half a lemon
juice of half a lime
a swirl around the bowl of balsamic and olive oil
little bit of sea salt and fresh cracked pepper

put in the fridge until right before eating and then when on the table add a litttttle more balsamic.

I think the fridge was a huge part bc it was so cold and nice.
It balanced beautifully with the seafood but could go great with eggs or anything.

I would have taken a photo but I was focused!!

I have training with Kim today and I'm really hoping my lungs like me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment